Monday, January 26, 2015

Yesterday's food.

I didn't post yesterday - mostly because I was trying to get ready for my temp job today.
And I didn't take pictures of my food today because I only made one dish, and it was a repeat dish.

Yesterday's food was good, though.

Before the pictures - like I said, I started a temp job today. I work for a temp agency for an overflow company that's contracted by a large company. Yeah. If this was a totem pole, I'd be underground. Or is it that the bottom figure on the totem pole is the strongest? If that's the case, I'm the dust on the top. Whatever...
The day wasn't bad. I already know who is going to ask 10,000 questions, the class clown, and the one who may go first - as he slept through most of the orientation today.
With this new position, I'm out the door very early, so breakfast is going to be interesting. Lunch will mostly be leftovers from dinner, but I don't know what I'm going to do when everyone wants to eat even the pan after dinner.

Also - I was bad today. I didn't take breakfast, and there were no good selections in the vending machine. I couldn't starve, so I had...
CRACKERS! With peanut butter! Oh, the horror!!
And I had coffee - but black coffee. If I didn't, I'd be listed as the second person fired for falling asleep in class.

Yesterday morning, I made almond flour pancakes and strawberry and honey "sauce". I didn't get a picture of after, but I have a picture of them being made -


I got the recipe from Elana's Pantry. These were very good. I even made some of them darker than I like my pancakes, but it didn't matter. They tasted great! 

Lawrence liked his fish dish so much, that he made it again. 

For dinner, Lawrence thought he took pork chops out of the freezer, but it was actually the ends of the loin he cut up. Since it was already thawed, he cut it into strips, added carrots, cabbage, and a few other ingredients, and made a stir-fry!

                                                

Tomorrow, I think I'll be home in enough time to make some chili...
I also think I successfully made the ice cream more creamy and not mushy. I'll try it again tomorrow, and if successful, I'll post the recipe!

Okay, I'm going to bed. Gotta be at the office at 7am.

Thanks, all!


No comments:

Post a Comment