Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lawrence's weight


You know that SlimQuick commercial where the lady is talking about how both she and her husband stopped drinking soda and he lost more weight than she did?
Well, that's what's happening here. Lawrence is shedding pounds much faster than I am.

Lawrence's weight loss since his last weigh in on 1/12...... (cue drumroll).........

NINE pounds!!!

Congratulations, baby! I'm so proud of him!

I told the doctor that he wouldn't change his eating habits - we've tried dieting several times, but it never worked. We were always missing something, so we slowly started eating bad foods until we were back to where we started. This time, we've been happy with the food choices, so it's rather easy. Hopefully it stays this way.

Today's breakfast was nothing spectacular.
Lunch was caulirice and a fried egg. Don't laugh at my eggs - I can't make a pretty egg. I usually burn the butter.

I was still a little hungry afterward, so I made myself a sweet potato. 
Have you ever had a sweet potato with salt and butter? I went to a jazz club in Philly where they served mashed sweets with salt and butter. They were AMAZING! Since then, I love eating my sweet potato like a regular baked potato. Salt and butter - and before the diet, I even ate them with cheese, sour cream, and bacon. Yummy! You should try it.

Dinner was just simple salmon patties and caulirice. 

Dessert was strawberry banana ice cream.
I need to find another word for this. It's not ice cream, and it's not really sorbet. It's more like frozen baby food.
But I love it. 


Tomorrow I have to go to the doctor to see why my right shoulder is hurting. I already had to have rotator cuff surgery on my left side - I really don't want to have to have ANOTHER surgery on my right... kinda tired of surgery.

Well, I'm going to bed. I'm sleepy... 
Have a good night!




No comments:

Post a Comment