Saturday, January 17, 2015

Hanging at the yarn shop today.

If you don't already know, I (for just a few more months) own a yarn shop. Because of my issues with my gallbladder, I couldn't even sit up for a long period of time. I haven't been in the shop for a few months - except one day they were having a special event in the area. Deven has been a trooper, going to the yarn shop as much as he could (almost every day), and holding it down for me - until it closes... which will be soon... Anyway...

Today was the first day I was there all day. Usually when I go, I don't eat much while there - maybe a honey bun, soda, and chips from the barber shop next door. Today, Lawrence got up, made sure I had my protein and fruit, and made me a delicious lunch.

While there, I started making a new scarf - I saw a pattern for a cowl that now I can't find anywhere. I decided to make something similar, but not a cowl...
It's multiples of 10, dc 9 blo, then fpdc. Next row is dc 9 and bpdc. Makes an interesting pattern. Hopefully I'm done by tomorrow when I go to the bridal show with Iyana (oldest child). I want to wear it there.

Speaking of bridal show... I really hope they don't have cake. I was in Walgreens today, and I wanted to eat all the candy at the register. That's what it's there for, right? That candy was doing it's job today. And the gum. And the Fiber One cookies that were RIGHT ON the counter. Like I was buying them...

I didn't. I was a good girl and came home to eat my dinner.

So... pictures. Lunch was a delicious salad that I almost devoured before taking a picture... but I was able to stop myself. It's curried chicken, spinach, carrots, zucchini, red seedless grapes, with a coconut milk, lime juice, and honey dressing. MAN OH MAN!!

Dinner - Brussels Sprouts. I LOVE Brussels sprouts! This is a very new love - a few years ago, you wouldn't have been able to get me near a sprout. AT ALL. But one day, I saw some in a magazine, roasted with bacon. I had to try again. And I'm happy I did. 

                                               


We had steak and Brussels sprouts (I always think I'm spelling that wrong). 

Lawrence even made dessert - caramelized bananas, almonds, and dates. It was yummy!!
                                               

Great way to end a day of good eating. 
Hopefully there are no temptations tomorrow. I really need to take a huge bag of food with me to keep me focused. We're going early - the first 800 people get something free. I hope it's something good.
And not cake.
Cake would suck.

Thanks, all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment