Monday, January 19, 2015

There's a good reason I'm late.

I had to make a serious transformation to a little girl's head. To this:               

  




 From this:

Her hair is something to tame FOR SURE! Neither of us like the process. She gets tired before I do, so there's fidgeting, sighing, she doesn't keep her head still like I need it. So if she gets too bad, I stop. I leave her head like it is, and if it's a school day, she has to wear her hair however it's left. To be fair, that doesn't happen. It's rarely not presentable when she goes out the door - only if we are in a hurry to get somewhere, then she wears a poofy ponytail.
She was a trooper tonight. She did very well, and I was able to do her hair exactly how she wanted it.
That was half of my day.

The other half, I cooked. I made Lawrence breakfast - twice baked breakfast sweet potatoes from Plaid and Paleo. I had one without the egg in it. It was delicious, and I definitely will go back to this.

  

For my lunch, I made pan fried fish and sauteed mustard greens for myself. We have lots of veggie choices in the house, so that's good. Most of the time, we only have green beans, broccoli. spinach, and maybe carrots and/or zucchini. It's good to have some greens here and there.

My dinner actually started before my breakfast. I started my pot roast at about 9am. 
There's none left. There's veggies left - yes. There's always veggies left with these kids... 
I might see about making myself some type of mash with it... do something interesting tomorrow. 


I didn't do much snacking today, and I didn't have dessert... and I started drinking my tea with nothing in it. No honey at all.
Who am I turning into?
This is not the sweet tooth lady that had 6 boxes of Thin Mints in a fort on her desk last year... this is someone different.
I think I may like her.
She just needs to get some clothes that fit.


No comments:

Post a Comment