Friday, January 16, 2015

Week in review... why are my pants up there?

It's been one week since Lawrence and I changed our eating styles, and neither of us have wavered (yay)! It's actually been pretty easy - other than the smell of bread and coffee... but we've survived.
Some things I realized this week -

  1. Caulirice is our friend. 
  2. We eat lots of eggs. And cauliflower. And bananas.... 
  3. Frozen blueberries turn your fingers blue for a little while... like a couple of days.
  4. Paleo Newbie and The Paleo Mom have been my favorite sites to get recipes. 
  5. I know people who don't know how to use links in the blog. I wish I could teach a class... 
  6. You don't have to starve on this diet - or go broke. 
  7. I don't miss the carbs as much as I thought I would. 
  8. I feel fuller eating less food. 
  9. Frozen grapes are amazing! 
  10. The kids have not killed me for changing!


And... I lost 5 more pounds!! I'm somewhat excited!!!
Huh?

Well, I don't have any money... so while losing weight is great, I'm eventually going to need
new clothes... and I can't afford that right now.
So, I'm going to have some baggy pants for a while.

Today, I had an interview, and I swear my slacks were touching my bra...
I need some belts. 

What I'm hoping for in the weeks to come:
  1. A job so I can afford clothes. 
  2. More food choices. 
  3. More recipes. 
  4. More readers so I can get some comments and advice. Tell me how you feel!
  5. To be able to start thinking about different recipes, like Lawrence. 
Speaking of recipes... Lawrence made dinner tonight, and he made a delicious apple relish to go on the pork! 
Made by my husband, the chef


I told Lawrence if he creates something else, he has to give me a recipe, soo here is Taragon Apple Relish!

Tarragon Apple Relish

1 apple, diced
1/4 medium vidalia onion, diced
1/4 medium red bell pepper, diced
1 c ACV
2 tbs of honey
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp tarragon
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Mix ingredients in bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve!
Great on pork, tortilla chips (if you eat them - we don't anymore), and as a side - if you really like it.

Simple and easy!

Well, I'm going to eat the rest of my blueberries and watch tv with my hubby.

Let me know if you make the relish!

Thanks, all!





No comments:

Post a Comment