Sunday, January 18, 2015

SO many temptations today...


There was cake. SO MUCH CAKE!

            

Even cake you could sample. 
There was even more than this. 

But I was good.
The bridal show at the Cabarrus Arena was very nice. They had lots of samples.
Cookies. Cotton candy. Popcorn. Shrimp and grits. Mashed potatoes. Pot Roast. Lemonade. Wine. Tea (I mean, it IS the south). They were also selling fried chicken, fries, and sodas. The smells wafting around the room...  
And I touched none.
Well, I DID taste the pot roast. Meat. That's all I tasted.

I feel good about that.
I have a sweet tooth. A serious sweet tooth. So to be able to NOT eat all of those sweets today... it was a great accomplishment for me.
Lawrence made sure I had a good breakfast before I left. And although I didn't pack snacks, I was able to hold off until we left and I was able to stop at the market. I purchased a container of pre-cut pineapples and strawberries.
And devoured it.
I was hungry!
 
When I got home, I had a great lemon chicken stir-fry made by Lawrence. I was still so hungry, I finished mine before I took a picture, but I was able to get a picture of Lawrence's before he finished.



Lawrence has also been missing chips and dip, so he made some naan and homemade guacamole...

And I just unfortunately helped Janiyah make some snickerdoodle cookies. They smell AMAZING!
I'm going to make myself some mug cake - and ignore her cookies. I didn't want any, anyway. Hmph!


Tomorrow, I'm going to braid Janiyah's hair (if you look on my Facebook page...), and finish crocheting several pieces that I'm working on. 

Now, I'm going to make my cake, finish watching the Colts lose, and get away from the snickerdoodle smell.

Thanks, all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment