Friday, January 23, 2015

Week in review - I made muffins!!

Real muffins - with a recipe! Let me give that to you first -

Paleo Blueberry Muffins


Yields about 12 mini muffins

Ingredients 

1 c almond meal/flour 
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 pinch sea salt
1 egg 
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract 
1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries 


Directions
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease muffin tin, and set aside.
Combine dry ingredients in one bowl. Mix egg, oil, honey and vanilla extract and stir until just combined. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients until mixed. Fold in blueberries.
Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way. 
Bake for about 8 to 9 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool on a rack.


I used frozen blueberries, and although the muffins tasted great, the bottom was a little soggy. I'm going to try again with fresh blueberries. 

So now, what else...
I lost another 5 pounds this week! I'm so excited! I don't know what I'm going to do with my clothes... lol.


This week, I realized that buying in bulk makes eating a variety of foods difficult. Although I was able to figure out the recipe for the muffins, I'm not quick with figuring out new recipes... or crafts, for that matter. I created two patterns in all of the years I've been crocheting....
Okay, back to food. We have good food in the house, but I can't figure out what to do with everything. So, for breakfast, we have bacon and eggs... maybe some fruit. Then I'm scrambling for lunch and dinner.

Tonight, we had cauliflower mash. It wasn't caulirice, but it was still cauliflower. Deven made it known that cauliflower was getting old. I have to find something else.

After dinner, we went to an open mic night with Deven. He was last, and it was HILARIOUS! His amp failed, his mic started falling, but like a pro, he kept the show going. And everyone loved him.
Just watch the video... oh, the loud laughter is me...


Everyone congratulated him and I... although he did NOT get his talent from me. It was nice to see so many people enjoy his singing.

It's late, and I'm getting in the bed.

Have a good night! 




No comments:

Post a Comment