Thursday, January 15, 2015

Yes, I miss my coffee.



When I went to the doctor told me "if it doesn't rhyme with water, you can't drink it", I think my heart cried a little.
No coffee?
Really?
So you WANT me to fall asleep while driving... or rip someone's head off for saying hello to me at 8am...

I'm not that bad anymore... I was able to stop drinking coffee when I was trying to find out where my stomach issues were coming from, and I didn't go nutty. But today, I was driving with the windows up and nothing in the car - and I smelled coffee. I have a rather sensitive nose, but to smell coffee and not be near a coffee shop... the only explanation I had for it was maybe the 7-11 I was driving by actually decided their coffee was old and was pouring all the pots out at one time behind the building as to not corrode the pipes with it...
But it is 7-11, so I doubt they threw out coffee...

Anyway, I have read that people on the Paleo diet drink coffee, but since I'm not doing sugar... I have had coffee without sugar, but I prefer at least one sugar... so to not have any... I could experiment with honey... naaah.

Other info - I'm looking for a job. A sit down (mostly) job. I had an offer for something I had to stand up all day for, but my body's not ready for that yet, so I had to turn it down. I'm back on the hunt. I have an interview tomorrow for something that starts on 1/26... we'll see how that goes.

Remember just yesterday I said dinner was the star meal around here? Well, Lawrence wanted to prove me wrong this morning... he made a great salmon patty and incorporated the last of the caulirice. They were yummy! We ate them with sauteed spinach and an egg - mine wasn't the prettiest egg - I like them fried hard...

For lunch, I had the leftover chili, sans caulirice.

Dinner was from a bbq chicken recipe I found on The Paleo Mom. It was rather delicious. I added honey and tumeric, and made them on the George Foreman grill. Everyone loved them.

                                               

I didn't make a dessert tonight, mostly because I wasn't feeling well. Feeling a little better now...

Tomorrow will be a week since we started our diet... and I'll give a week in review.
Gotta go to bed and get ready for my interview.

Thanks, all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment