Monday, January 12, 2015

Theater temptations.

We finally went out to see Into The Woods with the three children that still live with us. We were supposed to go Christmas Day - try to continue the tradition we started with Les Miserables, but we didn't make it. We were supposed to go last weekend... didn't make it. You get the point...

Anyway, when Lawrence purchased the tickets, the cashier gave him a stack of coupons... for 99 cents movie candy. WOW!!! We have never been able to purchase movie theater candy for such a low price, and now that we're not eating candy, they're basically GIVING IT to us! Stupid people!! 
Don't they know we're on a diet? How can we resist?
It was hard, but we did. As we walked past the concession stand, smelling the popcorn, nachos, and whatever else they were cooking back there (are they frying chicken now, because I smell it!), we were able to walk away without getting anything.
Well, Deven stopped. Then I gave the Ahja and Janiyah two coupons so they can get candy.
Lawrence and I went to find good seats - and get away from the scent that was trying to lure us to break our new diet.

                                      

When the girls sat down, they asked if we wanted some of their candy.
No.
No? Ohhh, you can't eat this, right? 
Right. 
Aw man, that sucks.
Yes, I know.

Why they feel the need to remind us is beyond me. But anyway.
We were good. The movie was good. I especially enjoyed the princes - although Deven made me miss the prince's reprise (everything already happened, mom. They're not going to put it in the credits...). Stay for the credits.

I've heard plenty of mixed reviews on the movie, but I will say - if you haven't watched the musical, you probably are not going to "get" the movie. The musical is on YouTube. Please watch it first - you'll feel much better about the movie.

In the movie, Jack was wearing a crocheted sweater that I am now obsessed with trying to recreate. It looks so simple and complex at the same time.
One day...




So, as far as food today, I didn't take pictures. Not even of my ice cream! UGH! But I do have a link to the ice cream...
But for breakfast, we had bacon and eggs again.
Lunch - we skipped. !!!
I know... don't skip meals. But we were running around and didn't get home in time. We didn't want to try to find something outside, either. I'm too afraid of what we'll end up eating so early in our journey.
Dinner was cubed steak with sauteed onions and greens with tomatoes.
Ice cream - YAY! I got to have ice cream!
Well, I guess I shouldn't call it that... it's actually frozen fruit. And that's it. For the most part.

Avacado Barrel has "ice cream" - just frozen fruit in a food processor. You can use bananas, like One Ingredient Chef, and add ingredients.. just look at this picture! They look delicious!
Picture from One Ingredient Chef

Going to try the banana ice creams tomorrow...

Also tomorrow, I'm going to try a recipe that I think everyone will love... stay tuned!

Alright, I have to pick up my boy from rehearsal. He's in a musical - How to Succeed in Business... more details coming soon,

Thanks, all!




No comments:

Post a Comment