Tuesday, January 13, 2015

This recipe!

You MUST try it! Even if you're not following the Paleo diet, you must try this recipe!
Paleo Butter Chicken from My Heart Beets. I even made the naan (there's a link on her page for it).

I hadn't heard of butter chicken until my friend Keisha came to Charlotte for a visit and asked Lawrence to make it. That time, he made the traditional recipe. It was delicious. So when I saw this recipe available, I had to try it. 
It was SO easy! And inexpensive to make! If you have an international market near you, that may be a good place to purchase the seasonings you need. And extremely tasty! My girls were fighting over the pot to get seconds... 
We had it over cauliflower rice - something else my kids asked me to make again. I got the recipe from And We Are Here.
I was missing an ingredient for the butter chicken, so while I was waiting for Lawrence to come back from the store, I grabbed a little bowl of "caulirice", added a little salt and a pat of butter, and enjoyed a little snack.

Like I said before, I made the naan as well. I don't like "spongy" naan, so after pan frying it, I placed it in the oven. They turned into a wonderful cracker texture that worked very well with the dish. It's also something I can use for snacks and spreads - like the pumpkin spread I purchased the other day. Yum!

I know this is out of order, but for lunch, Lawrence made a chicken and spinach salad with boiled egg and bacon. It was great! He even made a dressing - olive oil, garlic, and some other seasonings... I forget... I just know it was amazing! 


And I made banana nut ice cream using the one ingredient recipe I posted yesterday. Well, of course mine is two ingredients, but still... you get the idea. 

                                             

Of course we had breakfast. We had the leftover cubed steak and some eggs. 

I am STUFFED!! Today was a day of great eating - just like the last few days. I tell you, this diet does NOT leave you hungry.

Well, I'm going to get my last glass of water, crochet, and watch some Chopped. 

Thanks, all!



No comments:

Post a Comment