Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Yesterday...

One month ago yesterday, we started on this new way of eating. It's been a great eating experience, and we've loved losing the weight! Although our weight loss has slowed, we are still shedding pounds. 
Lawrence and I both had "cheat days" - Lawrence going out with friends and then church members, me not being able to hold back from a donut.
I've also had times that I've been tempted - when I walk into a convenience store, I want to grab a soda or bottle of tea. Or a candy bar. Or a bag of chips.
But I refrain. And I have almond flour cookies.
I made some today. Actually, I made seven dozen.
They're for my training class... we're having a potluck tomorrow. I'm also making a zucchini salad for myself and the girl who is a vegetarian in the class. Hopefully that's all I'll eat. I'm going to bring a lunch for myself as well... there are going to be plenty of dishes there that I'm not even going to look at... and a few that I might want to peek into. 


Lawrence also has a new recipe! The photo doesn't do the dish much justice - it was amazing! The pork was so tender and juicy... I can't wait until he makes it again! But if you want to make it now - here's the recipe! 


Apple Date Pork Loin Chops
Ingredients
1/2 medium apple - diced
1/2 cup dates - finely diced
1/2 cup sweet onion - finely diced
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cumin

Mix all ingredients well, let stand at least 30 minutes. Marinate 2 - 3 lbs pork chops for at least one hour. Broil or grill chops until desired cooking level reached (medium to well done). 

As I always say, if you try a recipe, let me know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment