Saturday, February 7, 2015

There's another me out there.

And I'm not happy about it.

I had my identity stolen. Someone used my name, address, and SSN to file a tax return. I don't know who - I was applying for small business loans and jobs. I don't know when - had to be before 2/3/15.
What I do know is I've completed paperwork to make sure the person is prosecuted for it. I don't care if it's my mother... I'd just visit her in jail. I just hope it wasn't overseas... and no, it wasn't Turbo Tax.

Anyway, this is a warning... file as early as possible, check your records, and keep your paperwork close to you. And save your money so you won't need a loan.

Now, onto food. Today was Lawrence's "cheat day", so he went to a restaurant called Bacon, Inc. in Gastonia with a few friends. Other than the service being slow, he said everyone loved the food. I was with Janiyah and her friend for a late birthday outing. We went to the mall. The girls had pizza while I ate a fruit cup and had an unsweetened iced tea.

For dinner, I just had leftover almond flour pancakes from this morning. Crappy eating today. I haven't had enough fruits or veggies in the past few days. Although I did eat the fruit cup this afternoon and the mango this morning, I haven't been eating enough. I'm going to change that.

Last night, Lawrence made a great dinner - spicy ginger blood orange glazed pork loin, and coconut curry cauliflower. It was amazing! He even posted the recipe...



Spicy Ginger Blood Orange Pork Loin

Glaze/Marinade
Ingredients:
4 blood oranges juiced (approx. 3 cups)
3 tbs ginger
3 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp vidalia onion finely chopped
2 tsp cayenne pepper
3/4 cup honey

Directions:
Mix all ingredients except honey until well blended. 
Separate 1/2 of the mixture, and wisk in 1/4 cup of honey (marinade).
Pour remaining mixture into a small saucepan, heat on low medium until mixture begins to boil. Reduce to 1/2 original volume, and add 1/2 cup of honey, and simmer until glaze begins to thicken.

Marinate 2-3 lbs pork loin for at least 30 mins. Grill or roast pork loin until internal temperature is 160°. Cover roast with 2/3 of the glaze. Grill/roast until caramelized. Let rest, slice, and drizzle with remaining glaze.

Coconut Curry Cauliflower

Ingredients:
1 can coconut milk (full fat, approx. 14 oz.)
1 head cauliflower cut into bite sized florets
3 tbs curry powder
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbs vidalia onion chopped
2 tbsp minced garlic
4 tbsp butter

Directions:
Refrigerate coconut milk for at least 1 hour to allow coconut cream to separate, and thicken.
In a large saucepan, melt butter, add onion, garlic, and cauliflower. Simmer untilfrlorets begin to become translucent, stirring often. Add curry powder, and stir until well incorporated. Stir in coconut cream, and allow moderate melting before adding the remaining coconut milk. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is al dente.

Please let me know if you try it. You won't be disappointed!

That's it for tonight. Have a great one!




No comments:

Post a Comment