Wednesday, February 4, 2015

A waste of ingredients

Well, not a complete waste. Lawrence says it's not too bad. I, on the other hand, can't even think about being happy about this dessert.

What is it? A raw carrot cake.
I found the recipe on Pinterest. The blogger who posted it said it was really good. So... why not try it?

First issue I had was there was no pre-heat setting. Then there was no cook time. I should have stopped right there, but I really wanted to try it. I haven't had much dessert lately, and Snicker bars at work are starting to dance around my head, so I need something I can take with me to fight off those evil candy bars.

I made the "batter". As I was mixing everything in the food processor, it didn't seem right... but hey, I didn't think it was too bad. The batter didn't even taste too bad...

Then I put it in the pan - that's when I got nervous. I mean, who is going to eat something that looks like this:



Okay, so yes, there are things that don't look great before they're baked, but this was really interesting. It was mushy... but, why waste the ingredients... off it went into the oven. 

And came out like this:

To be fair, it didn't have a piece cut out of it - that was me.
It was still mushy. After 40 minutes. The edges started getting brown, so I thought it would be time to take it out.

I tasted it.
It's gross. 
It's bad tasting carrot mush. I can't even use it to make something different.
Well, maybe I can mush it up again and put bits in a real cake for the kids... 

The recipe? It's from Gimme Some Oven. Maybe I made it wrong. Maybe I didn't mix it correctly. I don't know, but I'm NOT going to try again.

If you try it, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment