Sunday, February 8, 2015

Chicken and a rock

That's all Lawrence needs to create a four-course meal.
Yes, I'm exaggerating, but he has a great gift of looking at random ingredients and making a delicious meal. Even when we don't have much, he can still make an interesting and tasty meal. 
Tonight was no exception. Serrano-lime chicken and shrimp over zoodles.
He had his with avocado... of course. 
Unfortunately, there's no recipe.

Zoodles??
Yes, zoodles. Or zucchini noodles. They're made with this gizmo we purchased on Amazon for Christmas one year - and just pulled it out today. It makes these great curly spaghetti type strips. I think I'm going to use it to make spaghetti noodles out of squash and not use spaghetti squash next time. 


I also made very easy muffins today. I don't have a blender, so I just used my mixer. Worked just as fine. I did leave the muffins in a little longer than they should have been left, so they turned out a little dark, but they were good. I liked the chocolate chip ones better than the plain. They're very versatile.

                                      

The recipe is from Happy Healthy Mama. They really took 20 minutes max to make. Good, easy snack. 

I have to sleep now... 5:30am gets here rather quickly.

Have a good night! 



No comments:

Post a Comment