Saturday, January 9, 2016

We're back at it!

First, before I start - Happy Birthday Aunt Zena. RIP. I still miss you dearly.

I've actually missed blogging about our adventures with food. Let me catch you up:



Today marks one year since my doctor suggested Paleo. But things have changed. We've been eating.... everything. After I started working at the assisted living facility, Lawrence and I were both just too busy to cook a Paleo meal. So we ate. And ate.
And gained weight.
Me - 15lbs. Him - 25lbs. 

We kept talking about what we needed to do to get back on track - someone gave me a paleo book and Lawrence purchased another. They have great recipes... 
then the holidays rolled around.
Who can resist pie? And cake? And Christmas cookies??

We said we were going to start Whole 30 (a Paleo jump-start) January 11. As we started preparing (eating a little better than we were before), I realized nothing much has changed since we jumped off the diet. So instead, we are going to do a modified version of Paleo. 
How are we modifying it? We don't know just yet, but it is going to include some grab and go foods - like maybe oatmeal or granola bars... something not Paleo approved, but something where I'm not starving myself because I can't find anything to eat. 

Be prepared for photos of food and some recipe sharing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment