Monday, October 5, 2015

I don't exercise.

I know... I don't blog, either.
I put most of my thoughts on Facebook, and since I started a "real" job ( I mean, my jobs before were real, but I'm back to a 9-5), I don't have lots of time. My job requires me to take a class, so that takes even more time. When I get home, I am DONE! I'm tired, and without any meds for my several crazy illnesses, I just can't get as energized as I want. And no, I don't want the meds. Unless I desperately need them, and that's not now.
Not yet, anyway.

So... we've been off of our Paleo diet for a while, and with Lawrence and I working 9-5 (ish), it's been difficult to make meals. This is part of the reason we haven't posted much. I've been eating all the wrong foods, and I gained 15lbs back since June.

And I hate it.
BUT... we're back on track. We started over this week, and I've already lost 4lbs.
Feels good.
But I do NOT exercise.

Part of my class for work requires me to train at a skilled nursing facility (I work at an assisted living facility). One of the activities today was sitting exercise. I wanted to help the residents follow along, so I did the exercises as well, just standing.
Well, I hurt. It was two sets of 20 each exercise, and there were 3 exercises for arms, 4 for legs.
Did I explain that I have Psoriatic Arthritis?
Did I explain I have no medication for it?
I HUUUURRRTTT!!!
Then, I stood up for an hour and a half, dancing and singing karaoke.
I HUUUUUURRRRRTTTT!!!!

I need to soak somewhere.


Okay, enough whining. Several updates:
Deven applied to his first college - Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). We're going to Pace University this weekend to check it out, and of course check out a show while we're in NYC.
Ahja has decided to try only for UNCC. If she doesn't get in when she first applies, she will attend CPCC and try again.

Oh, and I'm now selling $5 jewelry. I think it may just be for the holidays... we'll see how it goes. It's Paparazzi Jewelry, and my consultant number is 39315. Here's a link:  https://shop.paparazziaccessories.com/39315

I think that's it for now. If Lawrence decides to make a fancy meal and share it, I'll make sure to update.

Thanks!!

1 comment:

  1. Even though I see your posts on FB, I missed your blog! I'm glad you're back at it. :-)

    ReplyDelete