Tuesday, June 23, 2015

This time, it's not about food.

I know it's been a while.
I've been busy.
I have a new job. Yay!
I am an Activity Director for an assisted living community here in Charlotte. It's been an enjoyable experience so far, and the residents are excited about everything we're going to do.

Now, the reason for this post - the assisted living community is a low-income community. Most of the residents don't have enough to always get their basic necessities. We're also non-profit, so volunteers and donations help immensely with helping our residents have a good quality of life.

That's where you come in.

We need volunteers and donations.
I set up a sign-up sheet on volunteersignup.org for people to volunteer or make donations to our community.
If you want to set up a volunteer drive at your church or work, please let me know, and I'll help you set it up!

Here are the links on the volunteer website:
www.volunteersignup.org/JB3ED - to sign up for morning devotion.
www.volunteersignup.org/DXYPM - to sign up for assisting with arts and crafts.
www.volunteersignup.org/3H99D - to sign up if you want to sing, dance, or provide other entertainment.
www.volunteersignup.org/F97YK - for donations.

For more information on location and other questions, please email me at lginyard@depaul.org.
Thank you for anything you can do!



No comments:

Post a Comment